The Long Beach City Auditor’s Office (Office) created social media pages to provide Long Beach stakeholders including citizens, City employees, business owners, vendors and others a way to access information from the Office. Note, the Office’s social media pages are not used to disseminate or receive emergency or crisis communication information.
Before posting or submitting content on the Long Beach City Auditor’s Office (Office) social media pages, please review these terms:
The Office reserves the right to remove without notice any comments or submissions that it deems to be inappropriate or offensive, including but not limited to comments or submissions that:
- A posting or any other submission on this page constitutes acceptance of these terms.
- The posts and comments expressed on this site by the members of the public do not reflect the opinions or endorsements of the Office or its employees. The Office does not claim or assert any ownership interest in any of the material posted here by the public, but by your posting or submission of any materials on this site, you are granting the Office a royalty free, non-exclusive and perpetual license to display it on this site and, in the Office’s sole discretion.
- “Liking” or other connections between the Office and another person/organization does not imply endorsement of that person/organization or that person/organization’s actions or comments.
- This page is administered by the Office, but the content on this site is not entirely controlled by the Office. The Office does not retain any social media content. All social media sites that the Office participates with are owned and operated by third party entities not affiliated with the Office. The Office does not endorse any link or advertisements placed on this site by the social media site or its vendors or partners.
- The Office reserves the right to remove comments and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate or offensive material on this site, as determined by the Office.
- The Office has the right at all times to disclose any information to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; and to edit, refuse to post or to remove or to store any information or materials posted here. All information posted to the Office’s social media sites shall be deemed a public record which the Office will disclose without any prior notice to you.
- The Office does not accept any statutory notice required to be given to the Office by any law, regulation or contract on social media websites. All such notices shall be provided and delivered to the Office in the manner described by applicable law, regulation or contract.
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or violate the legal rights of others.
- Include sexual content, profanity, vulgarity, obscenity, racism, hatred, slander, threats and/or violence.
- Include personal attacks, defamatory attacks, or comments disparaging an individual or group based on ethnicity, race, gender, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation.
- Promote specific commercial entities, causes, products, candidates for office or political organizations.
- Contain spam or advertisements.
- Contain personal information about another person or that violate a person’s privacy.
- Include material having intellectual property rights, including copyrights, trademarks or any other propriety property that belongs to another person or organization.
- Contain links to inappropriate websites, or links that do not directly relate to Office or City services, issues, news and events.
- Promote illegal activity.
- Compromise public safety or operations, contravene law, or are disruptive or factually inaccurate.
Please note that the Office’s social media pages are NOT monitored 24/7.
Please report your tips of alleged City fraud, waste and abuse through the Long Beach City Auditor’s Fraud Hotline:
Contact the Long Beach City Auditor’s Office
If you have any questions or comments, or for more information about these terms, please feel free to contact the Long Beach City Auditor’s Office